Current Position Regarding Cookies
If you have any questions about this policy, please open a ticket in our Support area.
We gather and use certain information about individuals and organisations in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on the Creativeopolis website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use the Creativeopolis website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What Data We Gather
We may collect the following information:
• Name of Individual and / or Company
• Contact information including email address, mailing address, phone number
• Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Website usage data
• Other information relevant to client enquiries
• Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
You can at anytime, under the GDPR 2018 legislation, opt-out of any future correspondence or contact from CreativeOpolis, which will involve having your data removed from our records. Please contact us if you wish to proceed.
• You can learn more about GDPR here: eugdpr.org
• Here is an FAQ page: eugdpr.org/gdpr-faqs
How We Use This Data
Collecting this data helps us to understand what you are looking for from our website, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
• For our own internal records
• To improve the products and services Creativeopolis provides
• To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
• To customise the Creativeopolis website for you
• To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things Creativeopolis thinks might be relevant to you
• To send you promotional mailings or to contact you about products, services, offers and other things Creativeopolis thinks might be relevant to you
• To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons
Cookies And How We Use Them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables the Creativeopolis website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable Creativeopolis to see information relating to how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
• Analyse the Creativeopolis website traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps Creativeopolis improve the website structure, design, content and functions
• Identify whether you are logged in at the Creativeopolis website. A cookie allows Creativeopolis to check whether you are logged in at the website
• To test content on the Creativeopolis website i.e. 40% of users might see one piece of content, the other 60% a different piece of content
• Store information about your preferences. The Creativeopolis website can then present the user with information they may find more relevant and interesting
• To recognise when you return to the Creativeopolis website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you had used previously
Cookies DO NOT provide Creativeopolis with access to your computer or any information about you other than that which you choose to share with us
However, please note that doing this may affect the functionality of the Creativeopolis website. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
Unless you have changed the settings of your browser cookies, the CreativeOpolis website will issue cookies when you visit it.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk
Controlling Information About You
When you complete a form or provide your details on the CreativeOpolis website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
• Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us via email, telephone, text message and / or post
• Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message and / or post
If you have not / agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily using one of the below methods:
• Sign in at the Creativeopolis website to change your opt-in settings
• Open a ticket in our Support area
Creativeopolis will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information Creativeopolis holds about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Creativeopolis will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, Creativeopolis has implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
Creativeopolis also follows stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links From Our Website
The Creativeopolis website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that Creativeopolis has no control of websites outside the creativeopolis domain/s. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.